A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

4.06.2007

Not the Happiest Place on Earth



I just had to run down to the Liberty Tree Mall to get some clothes for my upcoming trip to The Happiest Place on Earth. I stopped to get a bite to eat at Subway because I was starving, and it was the first place I saw. Behind the counter were two Registry worker types that obvious weren't following the Jared diet and really hated their jobs. The minute I started to order, I knew I didn't want to eat there. These two women were just miserable. Big ugly pouts on their faces. I ordered some pre-named sandwich that looked yummy in the picture, so I didn't think I would have to make a lot of decisions. "What kind of bread?" "What do you want on it?" "Do you want it toasted?" All with a big scowl. I guess I gave all the wrong answers because I ended up with the most disgusting sadwhich I've ever had in my life.

Rule number 1 of marketing a chain: You can spend a fortune to market yourself as a friendly, healthy, fast food alternative, but if the customer's experience is a boilded bag of chicken microwaved on soggy bread, and the customer service is akin to the RMV, than all your marketing dollars are wasted.

Here's a visual of my experience. Was going to use this as the top of post photo, but it was just a little TOO disgusting.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I never get anything "cooked" from Subway.

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time, go to the North Shore Mall and get something from Chick-fil-A. The people behind the counter are always incredibly nice. Sometimes if I'm having a rough day I just get some waffle fries so I can bask in the warmth.

4:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the poor bastid wering the sub suit?!

4:42 PM

 
Blogger carmilevy said...

Well said (and where the heck have ya gone lately...we miss you!) The customer-employee interface is the most critical determinant of repeat business, and this is where most companies choose to hire ill-trained minimum-wage morons. Way to go, losers.

That picture's going to give me nightmares. Gaa!

Drop by my blog and say hi when you chime back in, k?

4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Patty said...

Maybe if the girls working in there had to wear the horrible giant sub costume (I had to once, in the middle of summer - it was terrible) then they could have a good excuse for their grumpy, hateful attitude.

Unfortunately, most businesses where there is any kind of employee/customer interaction have a lack of control. I can't believe how many places I go and the customer service is just awful. From the bank, grocery store, gas stations (usually the worst) to even bars & restaurants where the employees earn their living off of tips. I try to remember the worst of them and stick to places where I know the customer service is good.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home