A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

2.26.2007

Why Al Gore No Longer Sucks



How things change. Six years ago, I so couldn't stomach the man, that I purposefully threw my vote away and voted for Ralph Nader (It's OK, I live in Massachusetts, it's not like it could possibly have made any difference). One year ago, I wrote this. Today, as I look at the possibility of a Hillary vs. Romney match, Al Gore suddenly looks like the best of all possibly worlds. A smart, experienced, relatively moderate (he was once considered a Conservative) senior statesman, who was not only one of the first mainstream politicians to vocally raise alarm over the environment, but was also virtually the only prominent politician of either party (other than maybe Pat Buchanan) to loudly object to the Iraq war, and call it nearly exactly as it would pan out.

While Obama may indeed make a viable presidential candidate SOME DAY, with only 2 years experience as a Senator, I find it appalling that he is being seriously considered. Especially when the country can see what damage an inexperienced president can do.

As far as Hillary or Romney go, both are such phonies, and would be such awful candidates that I could not see myself voting for either under any circumstance. Shockingly, Al Gore seems like the country's best hope at this point.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

Dude, he is not running! I still agree with your old article on the man, Al Gore is as big a phony as the rest of them! I have not seen the movie but I think it was more of a politcal decision at the academy than anything else. The big problem he faces is that he just doesn't practice what he preaches. I keep waiting for an environmentalist to come along who actually utilizes clean sources but they all seem to be limosine liberals, and they do more harm than good because they are such easy targets for those conservative dolts. Unless Hillary teams up with Obama, Mitt will be the next president.

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Hillary has no chance in hell of being elected, Obama or not. I actually like Biden, but he has less chance than any of them. I listened to Guilliani for about a half hour the other day, and he makes a lot of sense. Will never get past the right wing, though. At least Kerry is out of the race. Any of them in either party are 100 times better than what we got.

11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sooooo early in this race. Things will change dramatically before the elections. Perhaps we haven't seen the next president even emerge yet....

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Sickoe, you're probably right. But he sucks much less than Hillary.

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home