A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

2.13.2007

Lost in the Hallmark store



Shopping for a Valentines or other card for the wife is just excruciating. I pick up one card after another & they just all suck. Mushy ones with full page poems are enough to make you puke. Funny ones are even worse. It's all pablum. I just stand there and reject each one the instant I pick it up. Now being a supposedly creative guy, I should just make something up myself, but I have a real hard time being creative in my spare time (possibly because I have no spare time!) so a day before V-Day I'm at the mercy of Hallmark.

I do feel for the people whose job it is to think this shit up day after endless day. Talk about creative burnout! It would be enough to make someone go postal! "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, If I have to write any more shit like this, I'm going to blow you all to Timbuktu"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

nice lines, doh. It should go more like this: Violets are blue and roses are red, if this card works, I'll get you in bed! I have had the same attitude about cards for years, yet I still shuffle down to the store to pick up another yuk-o-gram. I was there yesterday to pick up v-day cards and birthdays and walked out with half a dozen of them! You'd think in the computer age, I could just create my own but like you said, when do I have enough time to be creative and if I did, will anyone like a card I created?! You forgot to mention this years annoying trend; singing cards!

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home