A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

10.18.2006

Bank of America scam


Here's a nice little scam my bank plays on me to penalize me for paying off my full credit card balance. Normally my payment is due on the 15th or 16th of the month. It's usually timed pretty well that I can make a payment at the same time at the mid month pay period. On the rare occasions when I am able to pay off the full balance, just to make it more difficult for me to be able to do that again the following month, they move my payment due date up 5 days the next month. Then if you don't notice the change in due date, they whack you with a $40 late payment charge. That's their policy. Of course they don't call it a full payment penalty, but that's what it is.

Big banks suck.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

Just curious, did they move it up 5 days because you paid it 5 days early? Still strange that they would move it at all but I'm just trying to find the logic. This policy would be a gold mine against all of us who normally do automatic payments each month. Call up and bitch and if they don't care, change your bank.

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home