A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

2.27.2006

February


February has got to be the suckiest month of all, at least to those of us that live in cold climates. It's the one time of year that I seriously think of moving to Southern California. I hate it more every year. Why do people live in climates like this? It's insane. I say this, even after an awesome day of snowboarding on Saturday. I mean, you could live in California, and still be able to drive a few hours and go snowboarding. Then return home where its warm!

Even the holidays in February suck. Groundhog Day, Valentines Day, and President's Day. First one you celebrate a rodent, who ALWAYS sees his shadow. Second one is just to increase the profits of card, candy and flower companies. And the third is known best for cheap prices on cars.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

February even sucks when you don't live in the north. I live in Alabama and I freakin' hate Feb.... It is windy here and the air is still all humid & cold. Believe it or not, 32 degrees here feels colder than 19 degrees in a dry, cold climate like colorado where my parents live.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

I always dread when the single digit temperatures roll through New England. I'm one of those people that like a little cold and a good amount of snow in the winter but when it's this cold, it rarely snows and it is unbearable to do anything outside. With the exception of a few storms and of course my childhood memory, I am disappointed every year during the winter time because we never seem to get a good amount of snow that stays around. We get the warm snap that melts it all, followed by the cold snap that freezes everything to a bullet proof sheen. For me though, the only thing worse are those hazy, hot and humid days when you sweat from any movement at all. There are few places in this country that can offer good temperatures and quick access to the mountains but that’s where I want to be. Just watch out for the big snow storm in the spring time after everyone is used to the warm weather….ah New England you’re my home!

4:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the first 23 years of my life living in Southern california before moving to the upper midwest. The downside of February in Souther California is that you never see a season change, and in all the people that watched how nice the weather was during the rose parade move to your town and make it that much more crowded.

11:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home