A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

4.14.2006

Yikes, my kid's a Yankee



It was bad enough when I accidentally bought my 5 year old son (that is NOT him in the picture) a Derek Jeter glove. Now I find out that his first T-Ball team is The Yankees. How can anybody in Greater Boston do that to a kid that is in training to be a lifelong Red Sox fan. If peanuts are banned in schools, shouldn't the name Yankees be banned from youth sports in Greater Boston as well? For psychological reasons.

I mean, I just had to explain to the kid why I had to take down his Johnny Damon poster. It's not like he was crushed or anything, but he has been to Fenway, he understands that we root for the Red Sox, and that we root against the Yankees.

He knows that electrical sockets, smoking, and The Yankees are all bad, so he is old enough to question why his team is called the Yankees, when the Yankees are bad. And he's not completely buying my explanation that only the New York Yankees are bad.

Apparently the coach is a Yankees fan, and actually requested that his team be the Yankees. The final game of the season is going to be The Yankees against The Red Sox, and I'm going to have to be out there yelling Go Yankees!. Now, I don't want to be one of those bad sports parents already, but this is just wrong.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Duez said...

You make a great point. I can't believe they have Yankee teams. Amazing. What's wrong with them? :)

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

Wow. Seeing that little kid with so much Yankee animosity is scary! Still, with the kind of rivalry we have with New Yorkers, they really shouldn't have Yankee teams up here.

10:35 AM

 
Blogger Sunita said...

lol i'm a yankee fan, but that picture is still awesome

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Sunita said...

lol i'm a yankee fan, but that picture is still awesome

5:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son should consider himself lucky!

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home