A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

3.24.2006

My blog may be stupid, but it's not spam

Hey, this sucks. I just went to do a post and got this message saying my blog has been identified as a "spam blog":

Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

I wonder what those characteristics are: indiscriminate whining about something trivial? Hey, that's what most blogs are, aren't they? Actually there seem to be four general types of blogs:
  • The aforementioned whiners, of which my blog is a good example.

  • Right-wing nut job blogs. Anyone who is still defending Bush and Cheney, and uses the term "the liberal media" in nearly every sentence.

  • Loonie left-wing blogs. Lots of big words, much hostility, very little humor, and a link to moveon.org.

  • The get-a-life blogs, who focus on the minutiae of a particular video game, reality show, or washed-up rock star.

Well at least Blogger considers me an "actual person".

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger   said...

I’m shocked it even picked up your blog as a spam blog. Whomever designed the “rules” for that needs their head examined.
   Last year, two friends of mine had all their Blogger blogs wiped without notice, including years of posts, so the fact you got a message beforehand is a good thing.

1:05 AM

 
Blogger leifpeng said...

Yikes! That's a scary thing. Is there some way to abck up a copy of your blog? I'd hate to lose all my posts... a lot of research went into putting it together and I've only accumulated 4 months and a bit. I'd be royally pissed if it all disappeared!

BTW, Cranky, I've been trying to get this graphic to you for a couple of weeks now but I suspect my email replies are ending up in some cyber-deadletter-dropbox or something.

So I hope you won't mind that I'm posting it here: this is a small token of appreciation for your excellent crankiness - a correct thumbs down graphic to replace the one which you were saying annoys you. L ;-)

thumbs down

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Leif, I've replied to you a few times about the graphic. Replies must be going into a black hole somewhere. I played with it some the other day, but haven't got it to look right yet in the template. I'll play with it some more when I get a chance. Been busy the last couple weeks, and have barely had time for my daily crankiness.

Thanks for doing that.

7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home