A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

11.09.2006

Why are all my friends Republican?



Here is just a sampling of comments from my Republican friends after Tuesday's big thumpin'. For some reason I tend to have many more Republican friends than Democrats. They are all terribly misguided, but I can't seem to do anything about it. This doesn't even include the most anti-liberal, FOX News talking-point spewing, illegal alien fearing (although safely ensconced in alien-free Marblehead) Republican nut-job buddy, who I nearly came to blows with in a bar on the eve of the Iraq war when I correctly predicted just about everything that has happened over there. I have yet to hear from him, but have no doubt that there will be no change in his no-holds-barred anti-liberal tirades.

Anyways, here's a sampling of emails from the others.
  • I suggest you start the process of getting your pistol permits to carry concealed weapons now. The Democrats are in power and as bad as Massachusetts is now, it will only get worse. May the dear lord take pity on Massachusetts; I almost puked last night listening to Ted Kennedy introduce the Devil. In fact, I couldn't listen; I turned off the TV, kissed my children and started battening down the hatches. This is Jericho.

  • These guys are in over their head. Just wait a few years after we've paid higher taxes and on the surface a few social/ education programs look a little better (as might the economy) We'll also have a deficit of 4 billion instead of 2. By the time his or Murray's term is over (Patrick is out of here if a Democrat is elected into the Oval Office), it will be 1989 all over again, our economy will be in the tank and more people will be out of work. Not to mention the criminal pardons. Cranky, you will rue the day you decided to go back to the dark side.

At least one is only a wishy-washy Republican.
  • You know I voted for Healey but to be honest, I held my nose while doing it.

In addition to this, my brother-in-law persueded (certainly with some help of the race card) his normally Democratic 85 year-old mother of all the scarry things that could happen if Patrick was elected & drove her to the polls so she could vote against the Dems.

Jeeze, I need to do something about my political circle of friends. I guess this is the perils of living in the suburbs. But if you judged me by my friends and relatives, you might think I lived in Mississippi, not Massachusetts.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

I prefer 'Independent', thank you. Decades of bad Middle east policy has created the breeding ground for terrorists, if anything the war on terror has dramatically increased their numbers. In one election, the country sent a message loud and clear to the neocon republicans. We gave you a chance to transform politics in this country and you blew it big time. Hopefully, they'll smarten up and dump the "we're never wrong" jive.

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Sorry I called you wishy washy, SickOE. But I do believe you generally vote Republican, and I know you listen to all the right wing nutjobs. I'd say you are a Republican-leaning independent, and I am a Democratic-leaning independent. Bill Weld swayed me to the other side for a while (of course having Silber on the other side didn't give me much choice), and I even voted for Romney the first time around. But after seeing what Bush has done to foreign policy, what Romney had done to the state of our school system, and what a sick campaign Healey has run, I am about as anti-Republican as I've ever been. Of course, if 2008 ends up McCain against John Kerry or Hillary, I could rethink that position.

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

To be precise, I generally have voted against the majority ruling party and in this state, that means voting republican. I listen to the "Neo-nuts" because it is the only way to know what info is being disseminated by the Neocons to their minions. It still amazes me that Rush has been doing that sort of thing for over 22 years, the guy is one of the biggest assholes on the planet. There is no telling how I will vote in the next election, it all depends how things are going, which is really how you're supposed to decide anyway right?

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home