A running rant about bad television, crappy products, horrible service, mindless politics, corporate and government ineptitude, moronic media, marketing overload, public idiocy, stupid entertainment, etc. Here's what's annoying me today:

1.25.2006

Honey I squished the picture



No this post isn't about Howard Dean, although there will be plenty of time to comment on that latest attempt at self-destruction by the Democrats. This gripe is about wide-screen TVs, and how people watch regular formatted TV stretched-to-fit a wide screen. It doesn't seem to bother anyone but me.

You go into a bar, and unless it's a sporting event, the TV is always stretch-to-fit. They'll have the news, or an old movie on, and everyone looks like Oomp-Loompas. And nobody is bothered by it. It's the main reason I haven't bought a widescreen TV yet.

Hey, I'm a little anal, but I refuse to even watch the news on certain channels in the winter, because they squish the picture to put the no school announcements at the bottom of the screen. Would much rather they chop off Ed Harding's neck, than to make his head any fatter.

Isn't there anyone else bothered by watching TV like this?

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger blogagog said...

I totally agree. If you aren't watching HDTV, make the picture 5:4. There's plenty of time to go 16:9 when HDTV becomes common. It's horribly annoying to watch everyone in short-fat mode.

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

TOT, please call me "cranky" in the future. Yes, if I had a gorgeous flat panel like you, (and I will someday soon, and it will be BIGGER, just like my penis) I could adjust it to do that. My complain was mainly about being subjected to scaled pictures in public areas, and not understanding why nobody else is annoyed by that.

2:38 PM

 
Blogger blogagog said...

Can I still call you John, Cranky?

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

john who?

9:27 AM

 
Blogger blogagog said...

Isn't this the John Travolta fan site?

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Be careful mixing toast and politics

11:31 PM

 
Blogger blogagog said...

I can't think of anything new to write about toast :(. Sure is good stuff though!

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Sick of Extremes said...

No time to be witty, but thanks for the toast! Where did that come?!

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Cranky said...

Toast is a refrence to blogogog's site. Don't understand it, but it is entertaining.

10:49 AM

 
Blogger blogagog said...

I was just trying to learn photoshop. I made the blog because all my friends told me to stop sending them the stupid pictures I made while reading a photoshop book. It's not worth reading, but every once in a while I get a funny line in there.

Sick of, I'd be happy with a larger one of both :)

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home